Cookies are text files which are stored in the Website User’s end device. They usually contain the name of the website they come from, the storage time on the end device and a unique number.
Cookies used on the www.novum.com.pl and www.novumbank.com websites do not store any personal data or other information collected from users.
In accordance with the accepted practice of most websites, we store HTTP queries directed to our server. This means that we know the public IP addresses from which users browse the information content of our website. The content viewed is identified by URL addresses. We know also:
- the time of query arrival,
- the time of query sending,
- URL address of the website previously visited by the user (referer link) – if the BKM nOvum website was accessed via a link,
- information about the user’s browser.
These data are not associated with specific people browsing the BKM nOvum website. To ensure the highest quality of the website, we occasionally analyse log files to determine which pages are visited most often, which web browsers are used, whether the website structure is error-free, etc.
Data is also collected for the purpose of:
- matching the content of ads displayed on the website,
- measuring user traffic on websites using the Google Analytics code – more information about cookies in Google Analytics,
- using the mechanism of a survey examining user preferences,
- measuring the effectiveness of actions carried out in the Google ad network,
- matching the content of ads displayed on the Google ad network (remarketing).
The collected data is stored as auxiliary material used to administer the website. The information contained therein is not disclosed to anyone except the persons authorised to administer the server and the BKM nOvum network. Based on the log files, statistics can be generated to assist in administration. Collective summaries in the form of such statistics do not contain any features that identify visitors to the website.
The Website uses two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files which are stored on the User’s end device until logging out, leaving the website or closing the browser. Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device throughout the period specified in their parameters or until they are removed by the User.
In order to block the transmission of cookies, change the settings of the browser used so that it refuses or deletes certain cookies. The links below provide information on how to adjust the settings in commonly used browsers: